streda 10. apríla 2019

What does it mean to give up on dreams?

Hey

Since I have very intelligent friends, I decided to write a continuation of my previous post already today (I'm so not supposed to do this at the moment, but it's a nice way to procrastinate).
Another intelligent friend of mine yesterday surprised me with a message, what is the  dream and why do you dream? What does it mean to give up a dream?
Also thank you for correcting me, because it's absolutely true, a hopeless romantic is an oxymoron af! A romantic is indeed hopeful.


And because of this message I decided to focus on the simplest and yet the most complex concept of them all, let's dig into love! Let's say that my dream is a dream of sharing the future with someone and I dream of this because, well, let's be real, it's kinda nice. (Cats. So. Many. Cats) The closeness, the metaphorical idea of letting someone completely strange into your own cave, into your own mind, into your own space and thoughts. The fearless, blind, and kind of childish trust. You know what I'm talking about don't ya. We're all humans, we're all pretty full of shit and we pretty much all contradict ourselves 24/7. And don't get me wrong, perhaps you're an exception but I believe we all secretly dream of someone who'll understand and want us the way we are, who'll help us grow and see us flawed, but accept us regardless of this.
Why do I dream. This is again a very very good question. I dream because I dare to dream, because it's somehow ballsy and comforting, no? I dream because I can!

I really do have intelligent friends because these questions are not easy what so ever. So I'm going back to my unintentional oxymoron 'hopeless romantic'. I didn't realize how genius this was, but the more I think about this the better it gets, as I believe it has the answer to the other question. What does it mean to give up a dream? In this particular context I believe (again, write me and fight me) it is when you loose hope for the other one to give your life anything positive. It's when being with this person makes you feel worse and more lonely than when you're alone. It's when you've been hurting for a while. It's when you don't really want this person to touch you anymore, in both literal and a metaphorical sense. When you're too tired to have a conversation, or a cup of tea, or when you no longer care about how they're doing, because it has nothing to enrich your life. When you can't count on this person to be there for you, and when you genuinely don't want to be there for them.

And damn this is getting depressing, but since I'm digging into love (which btw, I'm a rookie, don't judge this post too harshly).. This entire post can be also applied on one's vision of themselves. What do I mean? Don't loose hope with yourself. Don't give up on yourself, and do what makes you happy. Buy that ticket, learn that language! Be patient with yourself, and make time for youself to have that
conversation, to have that cup of tea. ♥

Have a good day,

Veronika

P.S.: Another smart friend of mine once gave me this book. https://www.alaindebotton.com/the-course-of-love/

It's by Alain DeBotton and it's about love, and it's probably the best piece of literature on the topic I've read.

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára